Friday, January 21, 2011

Songs from the moon...

Hello Internet.
A bit of news from the underground, if you will.

Me and Matilda have recently been playing with Jon Berz and Co. in a project called Songs from the moon.
You can see Jon's SFTM blog by clicking here or just type this URL[ http://songsfromthemoon.com/ ] into the long, skinny white bar at the top of the page.

We play our first show as a band tonight at the Lager House in Corktown (down the street from the old Tiger Stadium)

Other shows on the horizon include 2 appearances at the assembly line concert:
04.02.11 at AJ's Cafe (1pm)
03.20.11 at AJ's Cafe (5am) 
And some other dates/places that I don't think I can talk about yet...


EXCITEMENT!


Also:
The Matilda triple album Sounds was released on Christmas... (You should know that if you read this blog) But I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has downloaded them, streamed them, talked to me about them, etc. I'm pretty happy with them, considering they were just half finished songs that have been sitting around for a few years.

I'm nearly done writing my new album.
Have 10-12 brand new songs ready to hit the recording gauntlet. Most of them are about sex, regrets, staying in, childhood, ignorance and arrogance.

And if you didn't know, I recently moved into a new house. Which means I have a space to set up a little home studio of my own.
Pretty excited to start setting up my basement for recording and to get everything started.


More info/videos/new songs/new bands to come...

Thanks again for paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment