Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's [mostly] done!

Hello.

This is Shaun. I'm writing today to inform the internet that Matilda has finished recording her side of the split tape.

And, even more exciting, here is a finished "single" of one of the tracks:

Rolexxx by Mathilda

The song is called Rolexxx and you can download it for free, or stream it at Soundcloud, or my Bandcamp.

The "[mostly]" part that you see in the subject up there... that refers to the actual making of the tapes now. From now until May 20th, I will be using most of my free time putting together 75 cassette sleeves, putting art work on 75 cassette sleeves, putting art on 75 cassettes, and transferring music I just finished yesterday from my computer to 75 cassettes.

Just putting the music on to tape is going to be 20 hours of time.
75 casettes X 16 minutes [15 min of music, 1 min for prep per tape] = 1200 minutes.

Luckily I can just push play and record and start working on the art/design aspect while it records.

Today I hope to get a system in place. I'm going to try and make a few different stencils, find out the best color combos and start work on the music transfer. I did a test tape yesterday, and it turns out that I have something set up wrong because music only came out of the left side.
Soooo.....
Today is "get out the bugs" day from now until my real job calls at 2pm.


I'll let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment